Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm REALLY bad at this!

So, it's been over 6 months since I updated this thing. I just don't know that people really care about reading about our mundane life. Sure, Logan cracks us up, but I don't know if people really want to read about what my kid does. But, anyway, I'm going to try to update more often, for memories if nothing else. I was going to resolve to update every day, but then I realized that wouldn't last long, so I'll just say I'll do it more often. That sounds do-able and not at all committal. :)

The last 6 months have brought some changes, not major ones, but changes nonetheless. Logan is growing like a weed and talking up a storm--I think he just likes to hear himself talk at times. We can have full-on conversations with him and understand almost everything he says. He is very much a boy--loves to play with cars and is interested in just about every sport. I think he's pretty smart, too, but I guess all parents think that way of their kids. He knows most of the letters of the alphabet and can recognize some numbers up to 10 (all of this depending on his mood, of course). We can't tell yet if he is going to be right-handed or left-handed, but he definitely kicks and bats left, which Chris is excited about. We'll see. There is discussion of Blast Ball this Spring, but I only want him to do it if Chris or Uncle Ryan coaches.

The potty-training thing that was started over the summer has kind of taken a back-burner. He will go if we put him on the potty, but he doesn't tell us when he's wet or even when he's poopy (unless we ask) so I figure I'm not going to push it. He'll let us know when he's ready. He's starting to hide and get embarrassed about it, though, so maybe it won't be much longer. He did tell us he was ready for a big boy bed, though, so Chris took down one of the rails of his crib and he slept in it for several days without a problem. Well, except we discovered he sleepwalks like Uncle Ryan. We would find him behind his rocking chair, in the middle of his room, walking into walls (in his room), etc. He would wake up crying and not know how he got there. So, we put the rail back up until we can get him a big bed with rails. He just wasn't sleeping well and neither were we.

We also started trying (really trying) to get pregnant this past summer, but it has not been so easy. Logan was a complete, COMPLETE fluke. Both doctors I have seen have confirmed that. I've tried 2 different meds with no luck. If it doesn't work this month, then my dr. wants to get more aggressive with injections. I really hope it works this month so we don't have to go that route. I just keep second-guessing myself. Logan happened at what seemed like a bad time (I didn't have a job) but it worked out perfectly. So, maybe there's a reason I am not getting pregnant right now. Maybe the timing is just not right. I would really like to be able to stay home once I have a 2nd child, so maybe God is just trying to tell me that wouldn't be possible if I got pregnant right now. We shall see, I guess.

My 2nd resolution is to walk on my treadmill 5 days a week. I got a free one from a lady at work and it has just been sitting in my bedroom, only getting used 2 or 3 times since last April. Pathetic, I know. So, I figure, if I can lose some weight and be happier with myself, maybe everything else will fall into place. Now, I just have to convince myself to get up at 5:15 am every morning, starting this Monday...

My 3rd resolution is to find a local church so that we can get involved and Logan can go to Sunday School and VBS like I did as a child. Chris and I used to go to church out in Weatherford when we were dating and first married, but it was a long drive and VERY Baptist, which is not a bad thing, just not our thing. I want to find a small church with lots of young families. My best friend Lindsey goes to a small Methodist church, so we might try that one first.

Sorry this was so long, but I had to catch up. Once I start posting more often, they won't have to be this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment