Saturday, January 9, 2010

Potty-Training isn't a beating after all...

or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. We have been doing the timed thing since Thursday (take him every 30-45 minutes). He usually is able to go potty at least a little bit and has only had 3 or 4 accidents since Thursday (not counting nap or nighttime--or poop, but that will be later, I am sure). But this is with us telling him to go every 30-45 minutes. Does this suddenly change over to him telling us he needs to go? Cause he has yet to do that. He will tell us right after he goes since he feels it now, but that's as far as we've gotten. I'm already growing tired of the 'every 30 minutes' thing and I am trying to stretch it to 45, which has gone pretty well. When he can't go, he says "There's no tee-tee in my penis." So cute, this kid.

He's so dang cute in his little underwear, too. I bought him some boxer briefs, but I haven't put those on him yet. I know those will be adorable.

He's very excited about going potty right now, which is a change from a couple months ago when he was just completely content in his diaper. When he fills up his potty sticker chart (which will happen today, I am sure) he was told he gets a movie. He chose "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." My preference was "Up" but I am sure we will be starting another potty chart when this one is filled.

Now, he really is growing up and I need another baby, stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment