Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh, Ridiculous Valentine's Day

This is not meant to offend or poke fun at people who do enjoy Valentine's Day, but I am just not into it. Call me crazy, but I would much rather receive a gift/card/flowers (although I think flowers are kind of a waste of money) any other day of the year instead of on the one day of the year it is dictated. It is so random. I know my husband loves me. I know my son loves me. I know I love them. We show each other every day. I do not need a gift to prove it, nor do I feel the need to give one. So we don't. It's just another day. Everyone is posting pictures of their gifts on Facebook and that's all well and good for them, but really, isn't everyone doing that so that everyone else knows that their significant other did something for them? I mean, I get that everyone likes to show off their loot, but I just get so much more out of a spontaneous gift on a random, out of the blue, day. Not that that happens very often, but I still know my husband loves me.


I know he loves me because he works ridiculously, tirelessly hard at multiple jobs so that I am able to stay home with Logan. I know he loves me because he takes Logan with him when I need a break, which I know is extra work for him. I know he loves me because he kisses my forehead every morning when he leaves for work. I know he loves me because he makes me coffee every morning, even though I rarely get a chance to drink it. I know he loves me because he is supportive of everything I do and trusts me implicitly with Logan. I know he loves me because he is currently standing in a long line at Papa Murphy's with Logan (I needed a break) to get a heart-shaped pizza and s'mores pizza (we had a coupon). But I don't need a material gift or an expensive dinner at a crowded restaurant on a Hallmark holiday to further prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment