Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I am in Trouble

Logan is too smart for his own good. It's scary, really. He's not even 4 yet and his logic and memory skills floor me almost daily. He negotiates like crazy and remembers EVERYTHING. My aunt has always told me that he would be difficult in school, not in a bad way, just in a way where he would get bored if he wasn't challenged enough. At first I didn't really know for sure if that was true or if she was just a bit biased about his intelligence but now I am really thinking I am in trouble. He is so aware of everything around him and is interested in learning about everything. He really wants to read now and is asking how to spell things and getting pretty good at writing his name--and he's only 3! I think that's pretty good. And scary. One example of his logic:

Tonight at dinner:

Me: If I see you put food in your cup it's going to get thrown away. Got it?
L: Yes ma'am.
*15 minutes later during dinner*
Me: *sees Logan taking his now blue quesadilla out of his drink and eating it* Logan, what did I say about you putting food in your drink?
L: But you didn't see me...

Seriously? Chris and I just stared at each other for a minute to digest the fact that he caught me on a technicality. Just when you think he really isn't listening to you, he goes and pulls this out of his little hat. I'm in for it. He's already outsmarting me and he's not even 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment