Saturday, October 26, 2013

4 Months

I can't believe it's already been 4 months since Benjamin arrived. My BFF asked me if it felt like he's always been here and honestly, it hasn't. BUT it does feel more complete since he is here. We were happy with just having Logan but deep down, I always felt like something was missing. Now, that feeling is gone. I'm not sure if that means our family is complete just yet, but it feels a lot better now. 

Since he turned 4 months, it seems like he has turned a corner. He is sleeping better (hope that doesn't jinx it), happier, smilier (is that a word??), and just more fun. Itty bitty babies are cute and all but I LOVE this phase, where they are interactive, smiley, starting to laugh, and getting all chunky and stuff. 



He's still on the small side for his age (25% for weight, 5% for height) but he is just so adorable. The strawberry blond hair is still sticking around and it even has a little curl to it when he gets sweaty.

At his 4 month check-up last week the doctor said we could start oatmeal if I felt like he was interested in food or if we wanted to see if that helped him sleep at night. Well, at the time of the appointment I hadn't noticed any signs of interest in food from him. Two days later, all of a sudden he was watching us every time we ate. So we tried some oatmeal Monday night while he was taking a bath (saved myself a step right there). He did great and seemed to really enjoy it. But it didn't help with the sleeping part.  He's had it a couple more times since then but nothing routine.



This morning I decided to mash up some over-ripe banana for him to try. Just to see how he would do with it. He loved it. He kept pulling my hand closer and fussing in between bites if I wasn't fast enough. He didn't eat that much because I didn't want him to get sick but he did great with it and just woke up from an almost 2 hour nap, so it must have filled his belly.




Happy 4 months, sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment