Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just Yesterday

I cannot believe Logan is going to be four years old next week. I know all parents say this, but the time has literally flown by.

  • It seems like just yesterday I discovered I was pregnant (by surprise) and called my sister freaking out.
  • It seems like just yesterday I was pulling over on the side of EVERY FREAKING road to get sick...the entire 9 months! And yet, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat and hopefully will get that chance.
  • It seems like just yesterday I was at my baby shower, horribly huge and miserable in my 8th month of pregnancy. 
  • It seems like just yesterday that I was yelling at Chris in the hospital room to pay attention to me instead of trying to find something to watch on TV.
  • It seems like just yesterday that we decided to do a c-section because I just wasn't dilating and I remember crying, thinking I wasn't doing enough to make it happen. 
  • It seems like just yesterday that they brought you to me and we took our first family picture in the OR...yet I couldn't hold you for another 2 or 3 hours, the longest wait of my life.
  • It seems like just yesterday that the waiting room at the hospital was FILLED with friends and family that waited for you to come all day (and all 9 months for that matter). We are so blessed to have so many people that love us. You have no idea how many pictures were taken of you within your first hour of life! :)
  • It seems like just yesterday we took you home and just stared at you, partially in awe and partially not knowing what to do.
  • It seems like just yesterday when Aunt Toni had to "assist" you in going to the bathroom by way of glycerin stick. Sorry about that. Nothing like seeing a glycerin stick get shot across the room, though. You sure don't have that problem now. :)
  • It seems like just yesterday that I was waking up every hour and a half to feed you, watching Law & Order: SVU with Aunt Toni in the middle of the night. We were so lucky to have her stay with us for 2 weeks and help me with you, especially in the middle of the night.
  • It seems like just yesterday you turned one and were walking all over the place. You were such a cute, chubby baby.
  • It seems like just yesterday we took you off the bottle (15 months) and got rid of the pacifier (22 months). I hated taking those away, they were what made you my baby.
  • It seems like just yesterday that you went from babbling to full on talking. And now we can't get you to stop.
  • It seems like just yesterday you were cuddled in my arms reading a book before bed and singing songs. Oh wait, it was. We still do that, every night. I love it. I hope you let me do that for many years to come.
I love you more than words can even say. This is not a conclusive list by any means. I can't even begin to describe how my heart fills up every morning when you wake up and just want me to hold you. Or when you get hurt and only want me, like I can fix everything and make it better. While that is not at all true, I love that you stop crying once you are in my arms and I can kiss it to make it better. Sure, there are days when your stubborn attitude and strong-willed nature frustrate me to no end, but I can only hope that those attributes will help you succeed later in life and that I am teaching you how to use those traits for good rather than evil. :)
I love you and it has been the best 4 years of my entire life.

Your birth day~April 6, 2007~5:17 pm

1st Birthday

2nd birthday

3rd birthday
March 2011

1 comment: