Monday, July 19, 2010

Cleaning Schedule

I am so tired of having a messy house and having to rush around when someone is coming over making sure it is clean enough. And that's if I have notice, Heaven forbid a surprise visitor show up at my door. Although, if you are comfortable enough with me to show up unannounced then I probably am not worried about what you think of my housekeeping skills. :) Anywho, a friend at work was telling me how she cleaned certain rooms everyday and once she got the system down, it was really quick and easy and her house was always "company ready." Of course, the first couple weeks will take longer because the cleaning will take more time but as the weeks go on, it should be just maintenance. After googling different websites/blogs for cleaning schedules and not seeing one that suited me, I made my own. But even now, I'm seeing that it probably won't work once I start teaching at a MDO in September on M/W--I'll have to switch some rooms/days around, but that won't be a big deal. For now, I made my heaviest day Monday because during the summer that's the day that we typically stay home all day and recover from the weekend.

Monday~~Bathrooms/Closets (2)
Tuesday~~Bedrooms (3)
Wednesday~~Living Room/Big Laundry Day
Thursday~~Kitchen/Entry/Laundry Room
Friday~~Dining Room/Playroom

Dishes and laundry will still have to be done daily, as well as general decluttering/tidying up but that should decrease as well once the system in running smoothly. I typed up this list with a checklist of what needs to be done for each room, for my own sanity and in case Chris ever helps he'll know what to do (although admittedly he is a much better/more focused deep cleaner that I am). I am hoping I can get most of the cleaning done in the morning before we go out for the day or when Logan is napping. If all else fails, I can do it after dinner or when Logan's asleep since it hopefully won't take too terribly long. Wish me luck! And let me know if I left something out or if you have a schedule that works for you. I am definitely not married to this one, just trying to get something going.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!!! I might try your schedule for the summer...what is left of it!

    ReplyDelete