Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Days

Summer is here and I am LOVING it! Last week, we took it easy (and by that, I mean lazy). Swimming lessons were pretty much the only thing that was consistent. When he napped, I napped (or watched TV). Not much else was done. But I gave myself that week to do nothing and not feel guilty.

So, this week things were going to change. Right? Sort of. Swimming lessons are still going on (this is the last week) so we can't do much before that (they start at 11) since Logan typically doesn't wake up until after 8. Yesterday we did meet his sitter and her kids at a spray park in Roanoke before swimming lessons and that was fun. He was exhausted after all that activity and took a great nap. While he was napping, I did make a menu for the next week. I love to cook but during the school year I am so tired at the end of the day, I don't have the energy to experiment with new recipes, etc. So I grabbed an armful of cookbooks from the cabinet while Logan was eating lunch one day and started marking recipes that I wanted to try. I made the master grocery list yesterday and went shopping last night, using coupons and all! I got all the ingredients (for 8 meals), plus some other necessities for under $100 (thanks to coupons). So here's the menu (starts Thursday b/c we're going to be at Chris' game tonight):

Thursday: Chicken & Black Bean Tostizzas (tostada/pizza) and spanish rice
Friday: Chicken spaghetti bake (both Thurs. & Fri. recipes will share a rotisserie chicken), asparagus
Saturday: Fuzzy's!!
Sunday: Family dinner @ my house--TBD
Monday: Cheeseburger Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad
Tuesday: Barbecups, homemade Macaroni and Cheese, green beans
Wednesday: Zesty Italian Crescent Casserole, salad
Thursday: French Onion Pot Roast
Friday: Chicken Fajita Pizza

I am pretty proud of myself, now let's just see if I can follow through with it. I need to. We have been eating out way too much lately just out of laziness. That's not helping our checking account or our waistlines. Speaking of that, I still need to follow through with my plan to walk on my treadmill everyday when Logan is napping....hmmmm.......one thing at a time, right? :)

On another note, I am starting to potty train Logan. Not full on yet, but just a little here and there when he's in the mood to sit on the potty. I have M&M's as a reward and stickers he can use to decorate his potty everytime he uses it. Monday he peed in the potty 3 times. Yesterday, not so much. Today he has done it once so far but he got that M&M and immediately went to sit down and try to pee again, so I know that will be a good reward for him! It sure would be nice if he was potty trained before the summer was over, but I know he is still young (especially for a boy) so I am not pushing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment