Sunday, October 16, 2011

PT4--10.16.11 {Menu Plan Edition}

I have been majorly slacking in the grocery shopping/menu planning/coupon cutting department lately. Bad SAHM, bad. Today I finally made it through my stack of coupons that have been haunting me since early September and attempted to make a grocery list and menu plan. Most of the meals are from Pinterest (surpise, surprise). I am excited to try some new things and finally make some soups (!!!) since it is supposed to really cool off this week. Yay! I don't like to say what day we'll actually have what meal because some days certain things just don't sound good. I'd rather make a list of things I can make and then pick and choose every day. And I only picked 5 meals because we'll have leftovers a couple of nights.


Crockpot Potato Soup
I love potato soup. I am a little worried since there aren't any potato chunks like I like and only hashbrown potatoes, but it's getting good reviews so I'll give it a shot.


Cheesy Hamburger Pasta
This looks really yummy as well. I love just plain mac & cheese with hamburger meat, but this looks way better.


Chicken Parmesan Bake
I had regular old OAMM chicken parm on my menu but thought this would be a nice change of pace. And a little less work.


Bean-and-Beef Enchilada Casserole
I have had this recipe in my binder forever but never actually made it. It looks good, easy, and relatively cheap.

The last meal is not on Pinterest. I looked and there are versions of White Chicken Chili on there, but not the same. I got this recipe from one of the secretaries at my old school and I love it. It is so freaking good. I can't wait to make it...this one will probably be made Tuesday or Wednesday when the cold weather comes in. Is it sad that we (in Texas) get excited for cold weather when the high is in the upper 60's?? Is that really considered cold? Well, when the lows are in the 40's, I think it counts. Even if that low does happen in the middle of the night.

White Chicken Chili
1 bag Pictsweet Seasoning Blend (in frozen veggie section)
1 rotisserie chicken, pulled off bone and chopped
1 lb. andouille sausage (or smoked sausage), diced
1 can Hatch green enchilada sauce (Wal-Mart has this)
1 can chopped green chiles (hot or mild)
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can corn
2 cans cannellini beans
1 1/2 qts. chicken broth

Saute seasoning blend in some olive oil. Put everything else in the soup pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for about an hour.

Okay, so now it is written down. Which means now I actually have to go to the store. Ugh. I do love cooking and baking, it's the shopping and prep work beforehand that I don't enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment