Thursday, June 7, 2012

Logan-isms

**I just found this is my drafts folder from back in September, not sure why I never published it**


Logan generally cracks me up on a daily basis...wears me out, but cracks me up nonetheless. I have been thinking that I need to write more stuff down, and I figure now is as good a time as any. And I also understand that these things might not be funny to other people and that I am sure I am biased toward my own child...but in the moment, coupled with Logan's attitude/facial expressions/gestures, these things are pretty funny.


To Chris last night: (whispering) "I have a sweecwet (secret--I love how he says this). I hate this town. There's not enough room for the both of us."
*he is testing us on the use of the word 'hate' lately. He knows we don't like it, so he's seeing what he can get away with. But...there's not enough room for the both of us??? Where did that come from? 


Just this morning: "Do you want to go somewhere today? Maybe to the park and then QT to get gas and a slurpee?" 
*sly little kid...too bad we got gas yesterday. Nice try.


As I was turning his suggestion down for a slurpee yesterday (yes, this is a common conversation) due to lack of cash, our conversation went something like this:
Logan: Can we please get a slurpee?
Me: Not today. I don't have any cash.
Logan: Well we could get some. I have enough in my lion bank.
Me: No you don't. Daddy works hard for our money so we have to save it.
Logan: Well, get a job. Or we could just go to the bank today.
Me: You are my job. So maybe you should get a job and pay me.
Logan: I never get money for my jobs.
Me: What jobs do you do?
Logan: You know, riding my scooter, digging in the garden...
*maybe it's time to start coming up with a chore chart for him...


"I don't even get it..." (with hand on forehead, shaking his head)  
*In response to anything he doesn't understand


"Hey, babycakes." *while slapping my cheeks with both hands


I know there are more, and that's probably why this was still in the draft folder, but it's all I got for now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment